AgriCOTE is a unique seed application technology that is used to apply various beneficial agricultural products to seed.
Benefits of using AgriCOTE treated seed is a follows:
• Improved handling through increased flow-ability of the seed
• Improved seed to soil contact
• Added protection against insect predation
• Added protection against seedling rot
• Added nutrition to the developing seedling
• Improved seedling survival and establishment
Materials are accurately applied by means of a computer-assisted, automated, batching process in rotary coating equipment.
Each seed kind has its own applicable formulation and application recipe.
The materials are added in gradual layer build-up to ensure consistent and even sized seeds.
Although it’s a wet process the seed is dried off immediately thus preventing absorbsion of excess moisture. Drying is done by means of a fluidized bed dryer with controllable speed and temperature settings.
After drying to an acceptable level the seed is screened to deliver a uniform sized seed lot with minimal doubles and blanks.
Contact: Charlie, 011 762 5261